Monday, February 16, 2009

My evil plan...

After being swept up in the collectibles craze of the 1990's, I have decided to limit the scope of my collection to a simple, attainable goal: collecting one of each of the cards from the each of Topps' baseball card sets of the 20th century. I'm sure there are lots of other brands, there are some lovely inserts, autographed cards, subsets, memorabilia, parallel sets, blah, blah, blah. And I'm sure other card companies have produced some fine products in the last decade, but in order to maintain my sanity in this otherwise pointless hobby, I will document herein only the first 50 sets the company produced in the second half of the last century.

In entries to follow, you will see a grid with a sample of the card from the year being documented in the middle of it. Each card in the set will have a box on the grid. If the box is red, that means I still need that card; if the box is gray, that means I have that card; and if the box is green, that means I have extra copies of that card and I am willing to trade it for one I don't have.

If you too collect baseball cards, in the coming weeks, months and years, please look over my collection and see if you need any of the cards listed in green and have any of the cards listed in red. If so, I'm sure you can help me clear the red from my master checklist and get another card closer to completing my evil plan.

Bwah, hah, ha, ha, haaa!!!
~e~

No comments:

Post a Comment