Friday, March 6, 2009

Topps 1985



This was a funny year for baseball cards. Of course the Mark McGwire RC is in here. I picked up a copy at a card show for $2 and had to wrestle with it for a minute or two standing at the card table. He was still going through his third or fourth stint on the injured reserved list and what he would do when he returned was still in question. I felt like a sap when I got home and noticed it had a dent in the side from the machine that wrapped the wax around the pack. 10 years later, after he'd hit #70, I sold that card in a mall in Orlando for $90. I was sorry to see it go, but I knew the price would come down again. Then, a couple years ago, in a big commons swap, I got another (without a dent) thrown in with the deal.

Patience pays off.

So it goes with this 792 card set. I think I have about 3/4 of these cards. How about you?

No comments:

Post a Comment