Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Topps 1990



Granted, these cards are ugly, but at least Topps was still trying. The cartoonish look makes them identifiable from across the room. They also put out a set of major league debut cards using this format, but attributing them to the 1989 season. (This is probably where Bowman got the idea to do pretty much the same thing in 1992 and started the whole "Well, that's not really his rookie card" discussion.) And this set was in addition to the traded set, which you could still buy by the pack.

Grrr...

I have all but 1 of the cards in this 792 card set... what the? Who is #701? Bernie Williams? That can't be right. Let me check, but I'm pretty sure I have the Williams RC. Otherwise, the rest are trade bait. What do you like?

UPDATE: I found the Williams RC at the cardshow today in the 10 cent bin. I got 2 just in case, so if you still need one, I've got you covered.

No comments:

Post a Comment